The Best of
Spain and Portugal
Discover Spain and Portugal Holidays together with Trafalgar invites you to experience the best of Spain and Portugal on this 22 day guided holiday
Explore the sun-drenched majesty of Spain and Portugal and discover everything from glittering beaches and ery amenco to magni cent monuments and perfect panoramas on a journey through the long, rich history of these rich cultures, lively cities and dramatic landscape.
• Hidden Treasure Enjoy at least one surprise Hidden Treasure experience, unique to your itinerary, courtesy of your expert Travel Director.
• Be My Guest Delicious dinner experience at an authentic hacienda in Seville. • Wine Tasting Enjoy a wine tasting in Setubal and Oporto
• Madrid See the statue of Don Quixote. Cross the magni cent Puerta del Sol and view the Royal Palace.
• Toledo Visit the Jewish Synagogue and see the El Greco masterpiece. • Cordoba Visit the Cathedral-Mosque of Cordoba.
• Seville Marvel at Christopher Colombus’ tomb in the cathedral. Visit Maria Luisa Park. Guided tour of Jewish Quarters.
• Evora Visit the cathedral, Ossuary Chapel and the Roman Temple.
• Lisbon Visit the Hieronymite Monastery and enjoy views of the Belem Tower and Monument of the Discoverers.
• Obidos Visit the medieval city.
• Coimbra Visit to the university library (or ceremonial hall when closed)
• Oporto Enjoy a cruise on Duoro River. See the church of St Francis. Visit the Stock Exchange.
• Vila Real Visit the Palacio de Mateus.
• Viana do Castelo See the Mother Church.
• Compostela Visit the Cathedral of St James.
• Bilbao Photo stop at the Guggenheim Museum
• San Sebastian See the Bahia de la Concha.
• Pamplona Tour through the ancients streets.
• Zaragoza View Cathedral of El Pilar and Cathedral La Seo.
• Barcelona Views of Sagrada Familia. Admire Columbus Monument and stroll along Las Ramblas.
FIRST CLASS TRAVEL HIGHLIGHTS:
• Includes all First Class features.
• A quali ed Local Guide in Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Lisbon and Barcelona.
• Airport transfers are provided on Day 1 and Day 22.
• First class hotel accommodation featuring twin rooms and private facilities.
• Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and onboard restroom. • The services of one of our professional Travel Directors throughout your journey. • A stylish wallet, travel documents, keepsake booklet and map.
• Capture treasured memories of your trip with a complimentary group photo
taken at a landmark location.
• Welcome Dinner with your Travel Director in Madrid. • Daily breakfasts.
• Highlight Dinner in Granada
• 8 hotel dinners.
• Be My Guest Dinner with wine in Seville. • Farewell Dinner with wine in Barcelona.
Spain & Portugal
Madrid to Madrid
Join us on an incredible journey through the intriguing towns and regions of Spain and Portugal. Not only do we visit classic cities such as Granada, Madrid, Seville, Oporto and Toledo but we also visit those wonderful, often ignored cities such as Cordoba, Ronda, Merida, Evora, Avila and Salamanca. Because we have specially designed this unique tour itinerary with 2, 3 and even 4 night stops we have been able to include numerous additional excursions to extraordinary places such as
Guimarães, the wonderful Palace de Pena in Sintra, the medieval fortified village of Obidos, Braga and Viana do Castelo.
Along with numerous other visits we enjoy Portuguese Pastel de Nata (custard pies) in Lisbon, sip sherry in Jerez, port in Oporto, Vino Verde in the magnificent gardens of the Aveleda Wine Estate and enjoy a cruise along the incredibly scenic Alto Duoro. This tour is so very different!
• Smaller group size – maximum only 30 passengers for a more personal touring experience
• Spend 2 nights in Granada and visit the Alhambra’s magnificent Moorish Palaces and the splendid Gardens of the Generalife
• Take the high speed AVE rain to Córdoba and visit the incredible Mesquita-Cathedral
• Stay 3 nights in Seville and visit the mighty cathedral, the port of Cadiz and Jerez to sip sherry in a Bodega
• Enjoy 2 nights in heritage listed Evora and visit the towns of Merida and Estremoz
• Spend 3 nights in Lisbon, see the Monument to the Discoveries and Belem Tower and visit the huge Jeronimos Monastery and the wonderful Palace de Pena in Sintra
• Visit the medieval fortified village of Obidos, Coimbra and enjoy lunchtime in the delightful fishing village of Nazaré
• Relax over 4 nights in beautiful Oporto, visiting a port house, the Bom Jesus Sanctuary in the beautiful city of Braga and taste Vino Verde and explore the magnificent gardens of the Aveleda Wine Estate
• Enjoy included excursions to the birthplace of Portugal - Guimarães, plus the scenic riverside town of Ponte de Lima and Viana do Castelo where ancient mariners set sail on trade routes to India and the Americas
• Experience lunch cruising on the Alto Duoro, a traditional Portuguese Fado dinner show and a Spanish Flamenco Show with dinner
• Spend 2 nights relaxing in Salamanca and enjoy a farewell evening in the ancient capital of Toledo